An introduction on wireless point to point networks and its benefits
A wireless point to point is a huge advancement in the Internet and networking technology as it allows for faster connection as compared to dial up connection minus the hassle that traditional wired network brings. A wireless network connections allows other devices like laptops, iPhones, androids phones and the like to connect to the Internet conveniently without worrying on the cable connections that is required for a wired setup.
These networking technologies make use of high frequency radio waves or microwave to transmit data from an access point. The scope of the connectivity can vary from global networks that can connect large distances via satellite, to wide area networks, local area networks or even home or office networks for personal and business use.
Winncom.com is a worldwide distributor of comprehensive networking solutions for any home, office or organization. They have a wide range of products for wireless point to point network or even wired connections that provides for high quality and interference-free network performance.
Here are some of the services that they offer along with the products that they recommend for each service:
1. Licensed Wireless Point to Point Systems
· RW-9921-2019 - DC Power over Ethernet (PoE) device for 100BaseT/GbE interface
· RW-9921-0069 - RADWIN Outdoor DC PoE device.
· Cambium Networks Point-to-Point 800 – it provides building to building connectivity for Ethernet date, voice and video backhaul
· Cambium Networks PTP Link Planner – used for designing and configuring PTP 800 Licensed Ethernet Solutions
3. Wimax Broadband Point to Multipoint
· Cambium Networks Point to Multipoint 320 – is an affordable fixed outdoor distribution access solution
· Cambium RDB 350 – RBD solution for fixed and mobile communication
So what are the advantages of using point to point wireless?
1. With a wireless network, users can connect to the Internet wherever they are as long as there is a wireless signal. This means that laptops, netbooks, android phones and smart phones that have WiFi connectivity can go online even if they are on the go as long as they can acquire a wireless signal. This makes setting up a wireless connectivity at home or office very easy and affordable too.
2. It provides a very easy and convenient way to connect office buildings and locations as there is no need to install wires between them. This makes for easy communication, collaboration and sharing of files between offices, government institutions and more.
3. Point to point wireless also makes available Internet connections to remote areas where it is difficult and sometimes impossible to install a wired setup.
4. Telecom providers also can take advantage of this technology as they can deliver value added service to their clients by allowing them to transmit and receive data aside from the SMS and call services that their clients are getting.We are lucky because we live in an age where network connectivity is at lighting speed and allows for mobile connections too. Thanks to the networking solutions provided by Winncom for making all this possible.